Pre-Planning the SWG

Feb 23, 2010
Central NJ
Well I finally had to make the call on the N2. Realizing that I still have to buy a winter cover, landscaping, shed patio furniture etc etc etc, unfortunately the SWG ($1,500) is just not in the budget for this year.

Trying to think ahead, I'm wondering though if there are any steps during the construction phase that I can request making the SWG install next year easier/quicker/cheaper.

Dominick said:
Trying to think ahead, I'm wondering though if there are any steps during the construction phase that I can request making the SWG install next year easier/quicker/cheaper.
To expand a bit on Bama's essential advice... in planning for a future SWG in the equipment area insist on a generous (4 or 5 ft+) straight run of return pipe AFTER the filter and heater - before it is diverted underground to spa/pool. The pipe must be of sufficient length for the SWG and a flow sensor, usually spaced some distance apart, and not to close to the heater.

In addition to the advice about straight pipe and space away from a heater (Pentair says 3' from a heater, and 12 to 18" of a straight run to get the internal flow meter to function properly), if you plan on having an inline chlorine feeder, that unit should be placed after the SWG.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.