Help me in using the pool calculator

That is fairly normal during a conversion. There is no need to test CC at this phase of a conversion. Save your reagent by skipping the CC portion of the test until the FC level holds at 15 overnight. After that happens, the CC level becomes much more important.

Today when I got home from work, FC was 4, I put in chlorine to raise to 15 according the Pool Calculator
An hour later the FC was at 5, I added to 15 and in an hour the FC is at 7. Do I add more chlorine now, or just check the chlorine level in the morning?

rcar430 said:
Thanks, you all are great!
Ruth
#4. on the process:
Test your water frequently and add the appropriate amount of bleach to get back up to 15ppm. Do this as often as possible, as often as every hour if you can, but at least once a day. Make sure you test and add bleach before bed, and test again in the morning before the sun hits your pool. Initially, the FC will be used up very quickly. The more often you can test and boost your FC to 15, the faster the conversion will go. Toward the middle of the conversion, it is more prudent to test and add your bleach in the evening, or at other times when the sunlight is not directly shining on your water.

The more often you can knock it up to 15ppm FC, the better!

We're gonna need some pics soon :mrgreen:

Have you tried a free account from PhotoBucket.com?

L1010251.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for all the pictures! It looks like you are making wonderful progress. It sounds like you might be getting towards the middle stage of the conversion. To check you should tell us what you overnight FC loss is, ie if you raise FC to 15 in the evening, what is FC early the next morning?

The pool is actually level, the photographer may not be! ; )
My FC was 7 this morning after raising it to 15 last night. Does that mean I am at the midpoint?
I usually measure FC and add chlorine bleach 3 times in the evening and once in the morning and I finally feel like I am getting somewhere!!! This is an amazing and actually fun process! The brownish gooey baquacil stuff is gross though. There is some in the skimmer and I will try and remember to take a picture of it so you all can see it. I feel like you all like kind of gross things!
I really want to thank you all for your help and insight and can not wait until the pool is crystal clear again!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.