Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Looking for the pictures of green to clean

1. Back To Top    #1

Looking for the pictures of green to clean

Someone had posted a thread a while back with pictures of how they cleared up their green pool over the course of several days. I'd like to find that to send to a friend as a testimonial, but can't find the thread. Does anyone have the link?
    20,500 gal gunite pool w/ PebbleTec and infloor cleaning system.
    Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter.
    Houston, TX

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Looking for the pictures of green to clean

Hum, this topic and this one are both almost what you want but not quite.

Most people don't like showing off their algae. The best picture sequences are baquacil conversions.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

The PoolForum has this famous picture sequence, though this is from an algae bloom over the winter after spring opening.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

4. Back To Top    #4
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Here's a thread with this sequence of photos taken over the course of 5 days. The total thread's a bit long but hope it helps...
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

5. Back To Top    #5

Here's mine!
    Green to Clean with pictures!

In-Ground. White Marbelite plaster. 21'-7" x 38' Figure Eightish Custom diving pool with 9' deep end. 24,750 Gallons. Pentair Challenger 2 hp pump, Pentair Clean and Clear Plus CCP420 Cartridge Filter, Paramount PCC-2000 In Floor Cleaning system with Debris Canister. Pool/House was a foreclosure that sat dormant for at least 2 years, and was an actual swamp. Using BBB and POP I made it a sparkling backyard oasis. I have a TF100 kit, and I know how to use it (mostly!). This is my FIRST REAL pool, but thanks to TFP, I know what I'm doing! (mostly!).