I had to go out of town for 4 days for a funeral and brushed/shocked my pool with bleach before I left. Before I had left I had 1.7CC according to the pool store so I was working on getting rid of it. It was cloudy with a hint of green. I have a 4k gal pool and my test kit that I was using didn't give me any readings above 10 but I know it was pretty high when I left. I had kept the pool at shock level for the prior 3 days. I left the pump running on 2-3hrs/1 off using a timer while I was gone and when I got back the pool was clear and the water looks the same color as the liner now.
There was alot of stuff lying on the bottom of the pool. My automatic vacuum arrived while I was gone as did my TFP test kit. I have hooked up my vacuum and it has been vacuuming when the pump turns on past day and a half. It has stirred up the stuff at the bottom of the pool and now the water is a bit cloudy but I can still see the bottom. I have a sand filter on my pool and the pressure is only up about 4 over the starting pressure. I haven't backwashed the filter yet. I have a high iron content in my well water and when I backwash it drains alot of water out of the pool. Then I'm back to adding iron water back to fill it back where it needs to be.
Here are my first set of numbers from the TFP kit.
Here are my questions....
Should I leave my automatic vacuum on until the pool is no longer cloudy?
Do I need to shock it again to get rid of the CC?? If so, how long?
With my T/A so high, what is the best way to get it down? The pool store told me to use Muriatic acid.
Any help is greatly appreciated! I feel like a scientist with the test kit - I hated it when I was kid!