Help Me Build My Infinity Pool ! Costa Rican Construction !

Mar 9, 2010
Hi Everyone ! :-D
Im about to build my first swimming pool. Well, my constructor is. =)
I know nothing about pools, I need help. I wanna make sure its done right... Most things done in this country are not....
In return for the help from you guys, Ill post pictures of hot girls in my pool after it is done.
----------------
Here is the info for the pool.
Pool is located in costa rica. At an altitude of 2,000 feet above sea level.
Said pool is rectangle with two infinity edges.
Pool will have solar heating on house roof.
Dimensions of pool 33feet x 20 feet.. Shallow end 4 feet. Deep end. 5-1/2 feet. Not including infinity trough.
----------------
The constructor has never built an infinity pool. He has built pools before. He has built two houses for me and he does great work. I have lots of confidence in him to get the job done and build it strong.. But we need help designing it.
----------------
Here are my questions!
i have seen some infinity edges that are flat ---, and i have seen some that are on a 45 degree slant \ . which is preferred.
What diameter should all the lines for the pool be? My pool guy reccomended all lines 2" inches.
Pump Sizes?
I have read the 90 degree bends should be avoided at all costs ?
what is the reccomended dimensions for the trough for the infinity part.
I dont need skimmers if i have infinity edge correct?
Do i need a skimmers in the trough ?
The autofill from the trough to the pool. Should be placed how many inches below the median water line ?
Im thinking of using a black tile or dark blue inside the pool to help absorb heat..
All the pools in my neighborhood are a light blue, dont have heating, and are cold =(
Any cons for using tile inside a pool apposed to pebbletec or painted concrete.
The hot water return lines after the solar heater, should be placed on the walls of the pool or the bottom ?
----------------

Any input on how to make this pool easy, functional , and trouble free would be excellent.
Espcially for the infinity part !!!
Thanks for your help guys.
James

Attached is a view from my deck, With a sneak peek of the view from the infinity pool.

Also attached is a sketch diagram of pool. Am i picturing this pool setup correctly ?

[attachment=0:18c2dmph]untitled.jpg[/attachment:18c2dmph]
[attachment=1:18c2dmph]drawing.jpg[/attachment:18c2dmph]

Attachments

• drawing.jpg
    drawing.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 375
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 370
PuraVida said:
In return for the help from you guys, Ill post pictures of hot girls in my pool after it is done.

Hi James!
With such a promise it feels like I owe your a reply :)
I reacted on your purpose for choosing tile. I think you should pick colour from what water colour you prefer to bath in and not so much about what i does to the water temp. Maybe I'm wrong in this assumption but haven't you got a lot of snakes in Costa Rica? If so I woulden't bath unless the pool bottom display those creatures very well,, but that just me :wink:
Personally I love the azureblue colour and hoping off white tile will achive that.

btw I'm Looking forward to many construction pics aswell...

//Mats

Re: Help Me Build My Infinity Pool ! Costa Rican Constructio

Hi ticos,

I am looking for some pool building supplies in Costa rica. the small pebble concrete mix, there are several types in the states.

Anybody know where you can buy it in Costa Rica?
Thanks,

Jim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.