Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Spa Shell Leak

1. Back To Top    #1

Spa Shell Leak

I have an older Hot Springs Classic spa that has a crack in the shell. It's on an outside corner at the each of the seat. What's the best way to patch this? I'd like to do it from inside the tub and not dig through the insulation on the outside if at all possible.
    28K, IG plaster, Pentair DE Filter, Aqua-Rite swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Spa Shell Leak

Is it leaking or is it just in the gel coat?

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

It's leaking. The crack is about 1/4" long and it's dripping about every 1/2 sec in the motor compartment. I drained the water below the crack and the leak stopped.
    28K, IG plaster, Pentair DE Filter, Aqua-Rite swg

4. Back To Top    #4

DIg, clean the back side. Find the crack. Gently V it with a grinder or Dremel and clean any dust away. Don't penetrate to the front as you want to minimize any visual evidence of it's existence. Apply some JB-Weld to fill in the V and a 1/2" on either side. That should stop it and last forever.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.