My pump pressure guage

Sep 24, 2009
Spring, TX
I am not sure how old my equipment is, but it all seems to be working. When I got back from my christmas break around end of December, I did a good backwash. Dropped the pressure down to around 10. Every since then the pressure guage has stayed around 10-11, but recently has gotten up to around 12-13 and does not go any higher as of yesterday. There is plenty of pressure as when I vacuum it pulls up stuff with no issues. The outlets in the pool are putting out a lot of pressure and the pool looks clean. So is there a way to test the guage or should I not worry about it? I have vacuumed a few times this weekend and there was a lot of dirt and the presure has moved up to around the 12-13 which I am sure has to due with the small particles that were not caught by the filter basket. Before I backwashed it was a little over 20, maybe around 22-23. If you want me to post pictures of my equipment I can as they are in another thread.

Thanks.

It is also possible that some debris has found its way into the sensor mechanism and has dampened the sensitivity of the gauge. Happened once to me. I unscrewed it, rinsed it out real good, and replaced it. Worked fine after that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.