What the heck is a BOT?

In order to provide search results, search engines like Google need to read all of the sites on the Internet and index them. The bots are programs run by the major search engines that read the site so our pages can show up in their search results.

polyvue said:
I've often wondered now much they contribute to traffic -- particularly in the "overnight" hours. Only once have I found myself truly alone (no members, guests or spiders) on the board.

If you find yourself alone on the board, it means that you should probably go to sleep. :mrgreen:

As I read this sipping JW Black and enjoying the pool light show from the Flamingo Room I have to say that You guys are nuts :-D Then again I can only say that I do enjoy the info shared here even though ( For the most part the people are very friendly) and some of the people posting are a little bit challenging and maybe a bit mean, probably because they may be unhappy with themselves :(
I guess in some sort of twisted way I am addicted to this forum and find myself on it at all hrs of the day and nite, very much as DW is on face book and playing those farm and mafia and fish games and others :-D :cheers: :cheers:

stev32k said:
My wife is addicted to the farm game on facebook. She stays up late at night planting ketchup plants and feeding pink cows and purple chickens.
It is a disease that must be stamped out :-D :-D :cheers: :cheers:
Just joking :cheers: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.