Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What the heck is a BOT?

1. Back To Top    #1

What the heck is a BOT?

When ever I look at who's on-line there are always several "bots" Google.bot, yahoo.bot, MSN.bot. what are these things?
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What the heck is a BOT?

In order to provide search results, search engines like Google need to read all of the sites on the Internet and index them. The bots are programs run by the major search engines that read the site so our pages can show up in their search results.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Are they registered and lifetime supporters as well?
    20' x 40' IG with vinyl liner volume approx. 35,000 gal.1.5 H.P. main pump, Polaris 280 cleaner W/ 3/4 H.P. booster pump
    Hayward sand filter, 3.14 sq ft, 62 gpm. Stenner 45 MPH10 chlorine feed pump. 1 micron final filter bags (home made and very effective)

4. Back To Top    #4

I've often wondered now much they contribute to traffic -- particularly in the "overnight" hours. Only once have I found myself truly alone (no members, guests or spiders) on the board.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by polyvue
    I've often wondered now much they contribute to traffic -- particularly in the "overnight" hours. Only once have I found myself truly alone (no members, guests or spiders) on the board.
    If you find yourself alone on the board, it means that you should probably go to sleep.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    If you find yourself alone on the board, it means that you should probably go to sleep.
    Then who would watch over our friends from Australia, Asia and Indonesia? Gotta watch those folks day and night!
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

7. Back To Top    #7

As I read this sipping JW Black and enjoying the pool light show from the Flamingo Room I have to say that You guys are nuts Then again I can only say that I do enjoy the info shared here even though ( For the most part the people are very friendly) and some of the people posting are a little bit challenging and maybe a bit mean, probably because they may be unhappy with themselves
    I guess in some sort of twisted way I am addicted to this forum and find myself on it at all hrs of the day and nite, very much as DW is on face book and playing those farm and mafia and fish games and others
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

8. Back To Top    #8

My wife is addicted to the farm game on facebook. She stays up late at night planting ketchup plants and feeding pink cows and purple chickens.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by stev32k
    My wife is addicted to the farm game on facebook. She stays up late at night planting ketchup plants and feeding pink cows and purple chickens.
    It is a disease that must be stamped out
    Just joking
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

10. Back To Top    #10

Uh oh, I guess I'm in trouble! If I'm not here I'm on Facebook, Woot, or Cheeseburger! Farmville is great, because I can't grow squat in real life!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!