Protect your booster

......... Most controllers have 24 VDC relays for switching pumps ....... But given the AC pressure switch is so cheap, that may be a better solution.

Apparently so mas and thanks for the rundown. Getting more and more complicated. Alas, because all the Internet and Amazon ads are almost devoid of description and specs I wish there were such a thing a a pressure-swich store where they could suggest a part then show it, answer any questions, etc but guys like you are at lest getting me on the right track

You need a relay because even though the switch is rated for 25 amps it's rated for resistive loads. The significance of that is that breaking a resistive circuit produces much less arcing........

Bama: I knew that! But seriously thank you. I'm supposed to be an engineer and know all about inductive arcing but I just never imagined that pressure-switch contacts could be so flimsy. I am rapidly concluding that my best bet is simply to continue flipping on the booster manually

However as you are surely aware the inductive load produces very little arcing at "make" while my system envisions the "break" taking place not at the pressure switch but as usual, at the timer, which is built to withstand that sort of arcing. Thus isn't it reasonable to assume that a switch intended for resistive load might last forever in my proposed installation, thus making relay etc unnecessary so I can use a $12 switch after all

On a fixed income you think like this

By now you should be getting an inkling of why you can't find a packaged pump protective system at the price you want to pay..........and maybe that is why you can't find want you want

Steve I certainly am gaining that insight. Evidently what The Establishment Expert offers might cost just one heck of a lot more than I had anticipated, would take forever to assemble and install, while I have no assurance it would even work

Ayone interested in further pursuing the subject might find this interesting

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index ... opic=23893

However I realize this sort of link is frowned on with some Boards so Admin I won't be miffed if you should choose to delete it

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.