Trying new avatar

orthofish said:
MikeInTN said:
[
I know, I know, you don't expect such things out of fellow Tennesseans, but I absolutely can't stand the Vols or the Titans. Being around a bunch of obnoxious Vol fans when I was younger turned me off of them; plus, I'm a fan of the Fighting Irish, so most UT fans despise me as well.. :lol: (We've also got season tickets to Vandy). Pro ball, I've always been a Steelers fan, and the Titans are still the Oilers to me, and will be as long as Bud Adams owns them.

Now I do pull for the Predators, so that's a good thing, right??

Well, you might live close to me, but I don't see us watching any ballgames together :-D I can't stand any of your afore mentioned teams. :grrrr: Except for the Preds of course.

Oh c'mon now Lynn! If we all pulled for the same teams, life would be boring! :mrgreen:

frustratedpoolmom said:
Is it a bit sad that I have no idea who any of these teams are? :mrgreen: :p
Not at all..I'll fill you in.. :mrgreen:

1. UT - University of Tennessee - Loserville in the eastern part of the state. They don't call it ObKnoxville for nothing..

2. Tennessee Titans - Loserville in Middle Tennessee. Formerly the Houston Oilers, perpetual underachievers, ugliest uni's in the NFL. Head Loser still lives in Houston. After the mayor sold the city and county out to get them to move here from Houston, everyone kept telling me "you got to pull for them, they're you're home state team!". I don't take well to people telling me who to root for.

3. Nashville Predators - Expansion NHL team here in Nashville. Truly Nashville's team, didn't get imported from another city because the owner didn't get his way in that city for whatever he was trying to rape the city for. Small market team, small market budget, does relatively well, hopefully going to make the playoffs this year.

4. Fighting Irish of Notre Dame - The bestest college football team ever. :mrgreen: Most storied program in college football history; fallen a bit on hard times here lately, got suckered by a former NFL asssistant who walked off with about 18 mil or so to leave after having one of the worst tenures as head coach. Win, lose, or draw, I always pull for the Irish. Yes, I'm Catholic, and I'll go to heck if I don't - just ask the Pope. :wink:

5. Vanderbilt aka Vandy - Founding member of the Southeastern Conference, used to be one of the dominant teams way back when, but still requires their athletes to be able to read and write and not be criminals (see team #1). Perpetual underdogs, and I almost always pull for the underdog. Plus, DW is a big fan, and they're local, and hey, it's SEC football.

There you go!!! :cool:

Ann, suffice it to say, you can't always believe everything you read :-D About the only thing Mike got right was the name of the teams and their location. And I'll leave it at that :lol:

orthofish said:
Ann, suffice it to say, you can't always believe everything you read :-D About the only thing Mike got right was the name of the teams and their location. And I'll leave it at that :lol:

So you agree that UT is located in ObKnoxville.... :lol: :cool: You know why UT picked orange for their uniforms, don't you? So they can pick up trash along side of the road for the other six days and not have to change uni's.... :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.