Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying new avatar

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying new avatar

Looks small to me.
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trying new avatar

I deleted my old avatar but when I get this new one to the specs required this is what it looks like. What's up???
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

3. Back To Top    #3

It appears that your avatar is only 20x20 pixels.

Mine is 98x95 which I affixed using Micosoft Office Picture Manager.

Other programs should enable you to crop/shrink a favorite image so that the image file is less than or equal to 120x120 at less than 9 kbytes. Check the image's size and pixels via folder/directory listing before uploading it. You can even grab mine (right click, copy) and paste it into a folder before uploading.

Note that I charge a monthly fee for continued use: $7.70
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

4. Back To Top    #4

But that's how small I had to make it to be under the 9kb size.???? Help
    Lynn

5. Back To Top    #5

Some applications allow you to reduce the byte size without cropping it.... by reducing the resolution (or clarity) of the picture. What program are you using?
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm just using the Windows Photo Gallery on a new lappie I recently got.
    Lynn

7. Back To Top    #7

Try using Microsoft's Paint program. It should be under Start/Accessories on your Windows computer. Bring up the (over-sized) image, on the Image menu, note the number of pixels w/ Attributes... and then reduce the size of the picture with the Stretch/Skew function (Ctrl-W, if I remember correctly) by sizing it 80% or whatever works to reduce the picture to the size you want.

Save it under a different name. If you make a mistake or don't like the output, re-open the unmodified larger version and try again. If you don't want to mess with yours... practice with the file I uploaded. It's proportioned to be a square.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    __

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks polyvue. I will see what I can do.
    Lynn

9. Back To Top    #9

Finally got one to work. I can't get the file size small enough on this one, which is the one I wanted. If I get file size small enough you can't see the pic.
    Lynn

10. Back To Top    #10

Check your PMs.
    __

11. Back To Top    #11

Try this version:[attachment=0:2qybg5zh]Av-UT-Titans1.jpg[/attachment:2qybg5zh]
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

12. Back To Top    #12

Thanks guys, for helping a computer challenged member
    Lynn

13. Back To Top    #13

The biggest problem I can see with it is that ugly orange and columbia blue... :P
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by MikeInTN
    The biggest problem I can see with it is that ugly orange and columbia blue... :P
    Oh sure... but look who's talking!

woof! woof!
    __

15. Back To Top    #15

Ummm... I'm trying to be a good boy and not comment.

18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

16. Back To Top    #16

Mike, I figured I'd hear from no-mas about this, but YOU I'm stunned.
    Go ahead Gator, I was waiting on you (and I'm being ladylike with the spelling of Gator . and I know, you know, huh, no-mas )
    Lynn

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by orthofish
    ....(and I'm being ladylike with the spelling of Gator . and I know, you know, huh, no-mas )
    Yeah, yeah, I know the one

18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by polyvue
    Oh sure... but look who's talking!

woof! woof!
    Now, don't make me sic the Schnauz on ya...She'll plumb near lick ya to death if I do!!
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

19. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by orthofish
    Mike, I figured I'd hear from no-mas about this, but YOU I'm stunned.
    Go ahead Gator, I was waiting on you (and I'm being ladylike with the spelling of Gator . and I know, you know, huh, no-mas )
    I know, I know, you don't expect such things out of fellow Tennesseans, but I absolutely can't stand the Vols or the Titans. Being around a bunch of obnoxious Vol fans when I was younger turned me off of them; plus, I'm a fan of the Fighting Irish, so most UT fans despise me as well.. (We've also got season tickets to Vandy). Pro ball, I've always been a Steelers fan, and the Titans are still the Oilers to me, and will be as long as Bud Adams owns them.

Now I do pull for the Predators, so that's a good thing, right??
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

20. Back To Top    #20

[
    I know, I know, you don't expect such things out of fellow Tennesseans, but I absolutely can't stand the Vols or the Titans. Being around a bunch of obnoxious Vol fans when I was younger turned me off of them; plus, I'm a fan of the Fighting Irish, so most UT fans despise me as well.. (We've also got season tickets to Vandy). Pro ball, I've always been a Steelers fan, and the Titans are still the Oilers to me, and will be as long as Bud Adams owns them.

Now I do pull for the Predators, so that's a good thing, right??
    Well, you might live close to me, but I don't see us watching any ballgames together I can't stand any of your afore mentioned teams. Except for the Preds of course.
    Lynn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast