Which SWG???

flyweed

Bronze Supporter
Aug 3, 2009
SW Wisconsin
Ok..now that winter is SLOOOOOOOWWWLLLLYYYY leaving WI, I have decided I am going to purchase a SWG for my pool. I had one on our 16ft Intex...and now I want one on our 33ft round pool (25,000 gallons).......I want to hear what your guys choices are on a SWG for this size pool?

I want to spend no more than $900 for it if possible.

Thanks
Dan

Is there a comparison chart out there anywhere? A quick search seems to turn up a lot of manufacturers that don't get much mention here (CircuPool, CompuPool, Resilience, Nexa, Intermatic, SGS, etc.) It would be nice to seem something that listed all the manufacturers, models, initial cost, cell replacement cost, typical cell life, user opinions, special features, warranty, etc.

TomU said:
Is there a comparison chart out there anywhere? A quick search seems to turn up a lot of manufacturers that don't get much mention here (CircuPool, CompuPool, Resilience, Nexa, Intermatic, SGS, etc.) It would be nice to seem something that listed all the manufacturers, models, initial cost, cell replacement cost, typical cell life, user opinions, special features, warranty, etc.
That's certainly a good point... don't know of any exhaustive list anywhere. I wonder if this is because of the functional similarity of the product combined with the outsized market share for Hayward/Goldline and other big names, who get most of the attention, support requests etc. We really don't have a buying guide anywhere on the site for pool products (excepting test kits; when and if it pleases many more test kit companies to include CYA and FAS-DPD chlorine testing I imagine the comparison chart will have to be greatly expanded.)

Well, I just ended up buying a CircuPool RJ30, after much research..I emailed them and they called me within a couple of hours to discuss their many models and what would work best for my size pool. I loved how well they helped me over the phone, and they even gave me their personal cell phone number, so If I ever had a question I could call them direct.

I like this sort of support from a company and that's what helped me purchase this setup.

Dan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Funny thing about the circupool, this is how the 7 years are made up: Warranty: Circupool 2 Year on Power Controller, 1 Year On Cell, 4 Years on Prorated Cell.

So in reality it's lower than most of manufacturers. :roll:

Autochlor, for comparisons offers 3 year full warranty on both cell and powerpack, the rest of major manufacturers do about the same.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.