I started on BBB 4 months ago with our new hot tub. It worked very well for us. Low maintenance, low cost, great water results. After we got the hang of it we only had to test once or twice per week. Here is where we typically kept the water:
FC 2 - 6
CC .5 - 1
We would add 5 oz of regular clorox after each person/hour of soaking. We occasionally threw in 5 tsp of MPS if we had a big load of kids in the tub just to give the chlorine some help.
The water always looked, smelled and felt perfect.
In the last two months we always seemed to have a lingering .5 - 1 CC level. So yesterday, I did the recommended 100ppm decontamination procedure and drained and refilled the tub. That seemed to do the trick as I shocked it to 10ppm last night and awoke to 5.8FC and only .2CC. I am finishing the balancing today and looking forward to another 4 - 6 months of troublefree-ness. Here are the measurements:
CYA ~10 (estimated from dichlor addition)
I am adding Borax and Dry Acid to get the Borates up to 40ppm to lock it all in.
Thanks to TFP and all of you for all the good advice!