Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Converting a Polaris Eos to a Aqualink RS

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Southern California

Converting a Polaris Eos to a Aqualink RS

Here is the situation. I moved into a house and the pool has a Polaris Eos automation system, Polaris salt system, wireless antennae, and various other equipment. I have not been able to find the wireless remote or the charging base, and am starting to think it's gone. I believe my options are these:

1. Buy a new Eos remote and charging base. I don't know if I want to spend the $ on obsolete equipment.
    2. Convert to an Aqualink with a conversion kit from Jandy. I've heard this may not communicate with the salt system.
    3. Just replace the whole controller with another one. I like the Easytouch. Any suggestions?

16 X 32 X 5.5 Indoor Vinyl
    Hayward S220T Sand w/ 1 HP Superpump
    Auto Brominator
    Dual Solar/Oil fired heat exchangers

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Converting a Polaris Eos to a Aqualink RS

Have you looked at the pricing?

The MSRP on the EOS remote and charging base is over $1300.

The 8 relay conversion kit seems to come with a PDA for $1065. I could be wrong but that's how I read the 2010 catalog. There was no mention of the salt cell.

Something sounds wrong there. It might be worth shooting an email to the support team at Jandy/Zodiac for further qualification.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.