I'm new to the forum and would like to thank all of you in advance for your advice. There is one thing I noticed about the pool builders--they like to use the jargon and so I get lost rather quickly.
I have found that when comparing quotes, the builders like to make this as much of a process of comparing apples to oranges as possible. I have had differences in quotes amounting to as much as $20K, with the cheaper quotes quite coincidentally lacking in specifics sometimes whereas the higher quotes are filled with specifics as to add ons etc.
I'd love to hear your thoughts about this quote from a nationally-recognized builder for a pool build in Monmouth County NJ. I thought the extras might be priced a bit expensively compared to the base pool quote.
Well, this is how the quote puts everything:
Pool: 700 square feet
Depth: 3 to 7 feet
1. Builder to supply conceptual design, construction, blueprints and engineering drawings.
2. Builder to obtain building permits.
3. Excavation and soil removal.
4. Five (5) hydrostatic relief plugs.
5. Six (6) steel reinforcing rods per perimeter foot in bond beam (exceeds industry standards).
6. Gunite Structure, engineered for frost and fill conditions.
7. 6” Band of ceramic swimming pool tile.
8. Four (4) shallow end steps.
9. Tumbled bluestone coping.
10. Cleaning and filtration system:
a) 450 square feet commercially rated cartridge filter with lifetime warranty, with microban antimicrobial filters.
b) 2 HP Tristar Energy Saver Non Corrosive Pump
c) Two (2) deluxe extra large skimmers with catch baskets
d) Direct plumbing with individual never lube valves
e) Safety double bottom drain
f) Dual returns with directional fittings
11. Two (2) colorlogic LEG Lights
12. Rope and Floats
13. Cleaning kit.
14. 6’ Love Seat with Step
15 Indoctrination and start up instructions.
16. All phases of construction supervised.
17. Transferable structural warranty package.
18. Temporary Construction Fence.
19. Silt Fence
20. 6’ X 14’ , 12” deep sunshelf with umbrella sleeve.
21. Anti-entrapment device CODE REQUIREMENT.
22. Topographical survey – TOWNSHIP REQUIREMENT.
Automatic Pool Cleaner HAYWARD PHANTOM VAC. ¾ HP BOOSTER PUMP.
Heater… 400,000 BTU’S WITH ELECTRONIC IGNITION - HAYWARD H – SERIES.
TOTAL $ 42,600.00
ADDITIONS TO ABOVE
Electric –30 AMP sub panel, time clock and outdoor receptacle with up to 300 Lf. hook up to pool pump, booster pump, heater and lights. $ 2,480.00
Gas install 140 L.F. Of natural gas $ 1,555.00
(OVER 140 L.F. = $ 11.50 PER ADDED L.F.) (METER UPGRADE BY BUYER IF REQUIRED)
Deck – 650 Sq. Ft. OF DRY LAID BLUESTONE $ 19,900.00
Fence – INSTALL 250 L.F. OF 54” Ultra Aluminum $ 8,450.00
GRADE - FINAL GRADING, BACKFILLING, AND LANDSCAPING – BY BUYER
OPTIONS TO ABOVE
COLOR QUARTZ FINISH – Stain Resistant & Durable $ 2,780.00
SOLID MERLIN COVER WITH PUMP. $ 4,525.00
GOLDLINE PS-8 WIRELESS WATER PROOF HAND HELD REMOTE CONTROL. Includes Salt Sanitizer (Salt Not Included)
$2,350.00 ADD $ 345.00 FOR ELECTRICAL HOOK-UP.
FOR TOTAL POOL CHEMISTRY ADD AN OZONATOR AND NATURE
2 MINERAL CARTRIDGE. $ 900.00 ADD $ 95.00 FOR ELECTRICAL HOOK-UP.
SPA… 50 SQ. FT. SPA WITH (8) JETS. INCLUDES: BLUESTONE COPING, 2 H.P. SILENT AIR BLOWER, BOOSTER PUMP FOR 4’ SPILLWAY, LED LIGHT, AND BENCH WITH STEP. $ 7,175.00 ADD $ 285.00 FOR ELECTRICAL HOOK-UP.
FOR SPA COVER ADD $ 265.00
ELEVATE SPA 18”. INCLUDES TILE FACING $ 2,095.00
96 Sq. Ft. COZY CORNER $ 2,200.00 ADD $ 480.00 FOR COVER.