Suntouch grounding Bar Australian wiring

Oct 17, 2009
WoyWoy Australia
Hi ,

could someone proviide me a pic of a wired suntouch grounding bar , the diagram in the book is not so clear and here in Australia we use different colors ,

active or hot is brown or red ( usa is Black )
neutral is blue or black (usa is White)
earth or ground is green and yellow ( Usa same )

the diagram for the 240 volt input to the tranformer shows from left to right, brown = hot or active ? , white and then blue joined , and then black which is USA hot active but our neutral and then where does the earth ground go ?
the white and blue dont seem to be joined to anything but themselves ? .

thanx Daved

The diagram is correct. Here's how you wire it for 240 volts.

• Brown to one leg of your 240 VAC power supply.[/*:m:2mldqktl]
  • Black the the other leg of your 240VAC power supply.[/*:m:2mldqktl]
  • Blue and white tied together.[/*:m:2mldqktl]
  • Ground, directly to the grounding bar in the bottom of the unit.[/*:m:2mldqktl]

You are correct about the Blue and White being only tied to themselves. They series the windings of the transformer to allow 240 volt operation.

By the way, thanks for posting this. I've been looking for a simple solution to run a solar heater. I'll be checking this out.

Thanks Bama ,

after rereading the different sections of the manual I now see where the earth/ground wire goes and silly me the wires for the tranformer are not shown , I was thinking the 4 terminals on the grounding bar where for the brown ,white ,blue and black :hammer: , just the way its shown on page 50 , i think if I had the unit in front of me(hav'nt bought it yet) it would have been obvious .

Yes if your like me and just have a pool with solar , no spa waterfalls ect this unit is cheap and works with the VF and VS does the job :-D .

cheers Daved

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.