Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

View Poll Results: What brand salt chlorine generator do you have?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pentair (IntelliChlor)

    15 17.44%
  • Jandy (AquaPure)

    6 6.98%
  • Hayward/Goldline (AquaRite, AquaTrol, etc.)

    27 31.40%
  • ClearWater (Zodiac ClearWater)

    4 4.65%
  • AutoPilot (Pool Pilot)

    11 12.79%
  • Intex

    7 8.14%
  • Resilience / Intermatic / Pool Frog Hybrid

    0 0%
  • Other

    16 18.60%
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

  1. Back To Top    #1

    In the Industry

    JoshU's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    541

    What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    I thought it would be interesting to open a poll to see what brand system everyone here is working with. I know many of you already have it posted in your signatures but a poll to group everyone together would be interesting to see.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

  2. Back To Top    #2
    MikeInTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    1,335

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    Intex here.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Brentr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshU
    I thought it would be interesting to open a poll to see what brand system everyone here is working with. I know many of you already have it posted in your signatures but a poll to group everyone together would be interesting to see.
    I wonder if we could have a more extensive and detailed poll to include more categories with sub categories like
    Category: Pool
    Sub category: IG, AG, Vinyl, plaster, pebble tec
    Sub Category: Free form, gal size, surface sq ft
    Sub Category: Features, etc
    Category: Plumbing
    Sub Category: size, Number of returns, Number of skimmers
    Category for equipment, SWG, Automation, Solar, Filters, pumps, lighting, landscape. Each of these would also have sub categories.
    I would be happy to participate in this however I am not sure who and how to get it posted, I myself would not be a candidate as I do not have the experience as others out there
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

  4. Back To Top    #4

    In the Industry

    JoshU's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    541

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshU
    I thought it would be interesting to open a poll to see what brand system everyone here is working with. I know many of you already have it posted in your signatures but a poll to group everyone together would be interesting to see.
    I wonder if we could have a more extensive and detailed poll to include more categories with sub categories like
    Category: Pool
    Sub category: IG, AG, Vinyl, plaster, pebble tec
    Sub Category: Free form, gal size, surface sq ft
    Sub Category: Features, etc
    Category: Plumbing
    Sub Category: size, Number of returns, Number of skimmers
    Category for equipment, SWG, Automation, Solar, Filters, pumps, lighting, landscape. Each of these would also have sub categories.
    I would be happy to participate in this however I am not sure who and how to get it posted, I myself would not be a candidate as I do not have the experience as others out there
    Really good idea! I will talk it over with jasonlion to see if he'll be okay with it and I will set one up.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Brentr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    1,615

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshU
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentr
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshU
    I thought it would be interesting to open a poll to see what brand system everyone here is working with. I know many of you already have it posted in your signatures but a poll to group everyone together would be interesting to see.
    I wonder if we could have a more extensive and detailed poll to include more categories with sub categories like
    Category: Pool
    Sub category: IG, AG, Vinyl, plaster, pebble tec
    Sub Category: Free form, gal size, surface sq ft
    Sub Category: Features, etc
    Category: Plumbing
    Sub Category: size, Number of returns, Number of skimmers
    Category for equipment, SWG, Automation, Solar, Filters, pumps, lighting, landscape. Each of these would also have sub categories.
    I would be happy to participate in this however I am not sure who and how to get it posted, I myself would not be a candidate as I do not have the experience as others out there
    Really good idea! I will talk it over with jasonlion to see if he'll be okay with it and I will set one up.
    We could have the results posted in Pool School possible under Miscellaneous and Other. I think this would be a good resource for new and old pool owners and for others considering getting a new pool and for others considering changing out for new upgrades or adding new features. I am considering adding solar with automation this year and even though I have done some extensive reading and searching this forum, I would be interested in the popular company and model.

    JoshU Thank you for taking the lead on this
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

  6. Back To Top    #6

    In the Industry

    JoshU's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    541

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    We could have the results posted in Pool School possible under Miscellaneous and Other. I think this would be a good resource for new and old pool owners and for others considering getting a new pool and for others considering changing out for new upgrades or adding new features. I am considering adding solar with automation this year and even though I have done some extensive reading and searching this forum, I would be interested in the popular company and model.
    Exactly, it will help guide them to what the majority is doing.

    JoshU Thank you for taking the lead on this
    No problem. I've been in touch with Jason and we will figure out the best way to do this.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    5

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    Has this guide / poll been updated or placed somewhere else. I'm a newbie here and for the past 4 seasons have heen struggling, fighting, getting ****** and tired of spend crazy stupid amounts of my hard earned money on Baquacil. I'm looking at other options and I'm leaning toward a SWG system. I'd LOVE to see recent info what systems are being used by members.

    11100 gal AG Vinyl
    18,500 gal IG Free-Form Pool w/ 18" Raised Spa, Fountain and Spa Spillway, 20" Waterfall w/ Moss Rock along back beam, Hayward OmniLogic Control, T-CELL-15 SWCG, Hayward EcoStar VS Pump, TJ-16 TYPHOON (STAGE-ONE FILTRATION), 525 Sq.Ft Swim Clear Cartridge, Hayward 400,000 BTU Low NOx, Tahoe Coast Polished Primera Stone Wet-Edge Technologies

  8. Back To Top    #8
    JasonLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Silver Spring, MD
    Posts
    37,879

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    Um, this is current as of a month ago, so that is about as recent as you can get right now. Perhaps a few more people will vote now that you posted.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

  9. Back To Top    #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    5

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    lol ummmm yeah I figured that part . I was hoping some of the sub categories had been adding to possabily a different poll posted in a different area. no worries though maybe the bump will entice additional input as you stated.
    18,500 gal IG Free-Form Pool w/ 18" Raised Spa, Fountain and Spa Spillway, 20" Waterfall w/ Moss Rock along back beam, Hayward OmniLogic Control, T-CELL-15 SWCG, Hayward EcoStar VS Pump, TJ-16 TYPHOON (STAGE-ONE FILTRATION), 525 Sq.Ft Swim Clear Cartridge, Hayward 400,000 BTU Low NOx, Tahoe Coast Polished Primera Stone Wet-Edge Technologies

  10. Back To Top    #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    215

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    I have an Autopilot. I like the 'Total Control' aspect of it. It took me a while to get it right, but that was probably my fault as a total newbie. Now it's running great. Well, at least it was at the end of last season. Startup is another story. I honestly forget everything I've learned last summer. I hope I have last year's noted somewhere to fall back on.

    It is a very good system. I also could never thank the people here enough for their help. Thanks! lol
    18' x 54" Round AG 7500 gallon w/small prefab 2-piece fandeck
    Waterways 200sf Cartridge Filter, 1.5 hp 2-speed pump. 2" pvc piping
    Pool Pilot Total Control swg w/acid tank feeder
    Pool Rover Jr., BBB, TF 100 test kit

  11. Back To Top    #11

    Re: What salt chlorine generator do you have installed?

    I have AutoPilot Total Control and love it. Readings are rock solid week after week and PH stays between 7.5 and 7.55. I have the SC60 Cell and it runs between 20 and 25% at level 1.
    Richard, Temecula, CA
    28,000 Gal. In-Ground Black Marble Pebble Tec and tile, Total Control AutoPilot with SC-60 SWG and PH control, Pentair EasyTouch 8, EasyTouch Wireless Remote, Intelliflo VS+SVRS pump, Intellibrite lighting, Pentair Quad 100, Solar heating, Pentair Mastertemp 400 Gas Heater, Water feature spillover from SPA.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •