Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: poool pump

1. Back To Top    #1

poool pump

OK, I attached pictures of my pool pump at the following link: ... 352170724/

here's my problem, when i turn on the pump, it sends a break to the circuit box. So it won't turn on. I removed the pump from the hosing and checked it and check the o-ring and placed it back but it won't turn on, could the pump be fryed?

If so, where can i just buy the pump and not the entire skimmer basket and stuff. I have a 15,000 gallon pool, this is a 1.5HP pump. please help

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: poool pump

I'd suggest you take the pump to a local motor shop and have them check it out.

You can buy a new pump at a local pool store if that's the path you want to take.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Coastalish 'down easter'

Welcome to TFP!!

Just a quick point on terminology :

When you say 'pump' I think you mean motor

When you say 'skimmer basket and stuff', I think you're referring to the pump housing.

You can buy just the replacement motor for your pump and have it installed, or do it yourself, if you're handy with electrical connections (there are some posts here that talk you through it). The shaft seal assembly will need to be replaced if you change out the motor!!!

Sounds like the motor has some sort of electrical issue As such, it's be best to have an expert check the motor and figure out the best solution
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Sorry on my terminology, I meant motor. I already took it off, it was easy. I need to know if I should have it repaired or replaced? What's the price of each?

Reason I ask is, I've been looking for a motor online and i see the entire pump housing, I just need the motor.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Orlando, FL

Check your local yellow pages for 'electric motor repair'. If you can find a motor shop close by, take your motor and have a chat with them.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

6. Back To Top    #6

May want to give these guys a call. They also sell motors on ebay. (last time I checked). They may have what you need in a motor and advice.
    16K gallon, Pebble tec, beach entry. Two 1 hp Pentair Whisperflos. One for Paramount MDX2 main drain, Paramount debris canister, and Pentair CCP 520 filter. One for skimmer w/sock and Paramount PCC2000 in floor cleaner. 3/4 hp Pentair Pinnacle for waterfall. Fiberstars fiber optic pool lighting. Aqua-Logic AQL-P-4 control panel with wired remote in the house. SWCG system that is not used. Ultra-Pure Ozonator that is not used.