Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: I got a wow today

1. Back To Top    #1
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

I got a wow today

I had to wait for a plumber this morning, so I went out back and spent some time brushing the pool and checking the chemistry. When he arrived, I led him around to the cleanout, near the pool. He looked at the pool and said, "Wow, your pool looks great! How do you keep it looking so good?" My answer was simply, "Keep on top of it, watch the chemicals. Especially Chlorine"

It really did look good this morning in the full sun. But the deck was a mess and all wet so I waited to take pictures.

Once the drain was cleared, there was the usual, "Run a lot of water through this." Well, I ran a lot of water through it - pumped straight out of the pool. About three inches, since it rained a whole lot yesterday. By my calculations, about 700 gallons That high CYA is gonna go down!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: I got a wow today

ooh, wow, your water does look gorgeous

Beautiful pool!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

West Virginia

I am SOOO jealous!! (as I look out at the 36" of snow covering the backyard)
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Sacramento, California USA

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    It really did look good this morning in the full sun. But the deck was a mess and all wet so I waited to take pictures.
    Nice use of space on that lot! (I'll wager 50 faux-gold dubloons that you live in California?) -- Our backyard is only slightly deeper so we had a few feet more to play with during the design phase (it still feels like it takes up the entire yard). I put the pool as close to the fence as I dared. The inspector grumbled but passed it, after I talked his ear off with the kind of enthusiasm normally reserved for the play-offs about all of the cool drainage I planned to install. A cross-street neighbor installed a 40' lane-and-a-half wide lap pool, very rectilinear, 18" raised bond beam perimeter, slate cap. He likes it... it says "Copia raised-bed herb garden with water" to me. Not unusual in this area to see pools built at zero clearance, right at the foundation footing of a bedroom or kitchen.... if there's a window there it becomes a solid wall to meet code or the pool doesn't get built.

Oddly similar in a way to the conflation of intersected circles, script and waves I tried to work into my pool design, I think yours is more successful. I like the modest elevation of the raised back wall and the almost Lissajous sweep facing the curvature of the wedding cake steps and bench.

Anyway, thanks for sharing photos!
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

5. Back To Top    #5

Flower Mound, TX

That looks mighty fine there Richard.

I always enjoy it when people come over and ask how I keep the pool looking so good. Then I can represent the BBB!
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry
    New Orleans, LA

Nice work, keep it up...
    Josh Ulfers - TFP Supporting Vendor - - 888-725-8766 - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps