Interest Free

Status
Not open for further replies.
polyvue said:
]Don't they all? But that's a sure way to bankruptcy... :(
It's only a problem if you don't get it paid off by the end of the term. I've done this on quite a few large purchases. The only issue I've ever had was the latest one where the "minimum payment" shown on the bill would not get it paid off before the interest rates kick in. I also make sure that it's paid off a month or two early. On a 12 year, I'll pay it off in 10 or 11 months, just to be sure.

The advantage, as I see it, is that inflation keeps going up, but by the end of the term, I'm paying based on last year's market. I've even done this when I had the money available to pay cash, just so I can keep earning interest on that cash during the term of the "loan."

I know that a lot of people have really gotten into trouble with these things, but I look at these bills just like my mortgage and utilities; bills that HAVE to be paid each month.

Tim.

This topic has been locked because it has gotten off the topic of swimming pools. JasonLion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.