auto fill stuck on

mx574

Feb 9, 2010
Have an auto fill stuck on all the time. Was hoping someone coud point me in the direction to fix it. Do not know much about it. Pool is salt so the cap on the end was corroded and when i was working to get a cooter pin out the cap came off and i can tell will have to be replaced but i do not believe that is the main problem. Thank you for your time.

A solenoid valve is an electrically operated valve that turns the water on and off based on a water level switch which may or may not be located near the valve. A float valve is very much like the one inside a toilet tank; they use a mechanical valve operated by a float right next to the valve.

mx574 said:
Not really sure but i think just a float valve. How do i tell the difference?
That's the first (come to think of it - only) thing I've replaced on my pool, and less than a month after plaster. My PB told me that the fancy brass ones tend to get stuck (mine had) and said he'd swap it out for a "cheap plastic float valve, because they hardly ever fail." Almost 3 years out and so far, he's been right. I still have the brass float in a box if I change my mind.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.