Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: O-Rings for union on Aqua Rite

1. Back To Top    #1

O-Rings for union on Aqua Rite

Today was "SWCG Day" - time to inspect the cell for the first time since moving into this house and also time to add the salt needed due to some rain drains.

The cell didn't actually look too bad, which was surprising since the prior owners obviously missed the Pool Owners 101 class (based on other issues).

Anyway...it looks like I need those little o-rings inside the unions on the cell. The current ones are beginning to disintegrate and so I have a leaky connection on one side that I need to address. Where can I find these o-rings? Internet searches are coming up empty, except for 1 site that lists a Hayward part number SX200Z3, which I'm not sure is the right thing.

Thanks for your help.
    Sandy

15,600 gallon, screened 15 x 30 sport pool with 6 x 8 baja shelf, IG plaster (Diamondbrite??), Hayward cartridge filter, 1-HP Hayward pump, Hayward/EUS Mark VI heat pump, Polaris 280, AquaRite SWCG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: O-Rings for union on Aqua Rite

take 1 o-ring with you to the local hardware store, i'm sure they will be able to find you something that will suit

3. Back To Top    #3

If it's the O ring on the pipe side of the union -- I just picked one up at Leslies Pool Supply for my Aqua Rite. He didn't have one in stock, but gave me one off his display equipment
    20,0000 gal gunite IG pool, built May 2016. Jandy VS ePump, Jandy 60sfDE filter, AquaLink controller, PureLink salt water chlorinator, with Pentair Rainbow in-line chlorine feeder. Use a Taylor Total Poolcare DPD test kit. Heated by the Texas sun.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the thoughts...hopefully something will work out.
    Sandy

15,600 gallon, screened 15 x 30 sport pool with 6 x 8 baja shelf, IG plaster (Diamondbrite??), Hayward cartridge filter, 1-HP Hayward pump, Hayward/EUS Mark VI heat pump, Polaris 280, AquaRite SWCG

5. Back To Top    #5

Also check McMaster Carr. Just take measurements of the existing o-ring or o-ring groove and go from there.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

6. Back To Top    #6

For longer life, try to find one made out of Viton rather than EPDM. Viton is much more resistant to the chlorine in pool water.
    21' Leslies Beachland Ag Pool, 10,000 gallons, professionally installed (best money I ever spent) Hayward 16" sand filter w/Pentair two speed pump Fafco 4x20 solar heater,Aqua Trol RJ. Borates added. Hard plumbed.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the further replies.

Any easy way to tell the difference between Viton and EPDM?
    Sandy

8. Back To Top    #8

dawndenise, I would also be interested in acquiring o-rings for my AquaRite SWG as spares.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

9. Back To Top    #9

Brentr...will let you know what I find/do. It may be awhile, as it's "out of sight, out of mind" right now. Only leaks when the pump is on and the pump is running overnight now (cold temps), so I don't see it!
    Sandy

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by dawndenise
    Thanks for the further replies.

Any easy way to tell the difference between Viton and EPDM?
    Not really.

Just go to any pool supply store and see what sort of union o-rings they offer. I know I've been able to match the Aquarite o-rings up to generic union o-rings quite a few times. If you don't have any luck in finding any just let me know and I'll see what I can do to get some.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps