Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stone-Scapes Caribbean Blue Or Tahoe Blue???

1. Back To Top    #1

Stone-Scapes Caribbean Blue Or Tahoe Blue???

I need to make a choice sometime this week on one of these colors for the mini pebble finish. I have been out to see a few pools with both, but can't seem to really see which one has a darker color and makes the water appear darker which is the look I am going for. I know there are darker pebble colors, but the upgrade to one of those is not an option at this point.
    I know each one takes on different colors with depth changes and sunlight. What I want to know is which one is going to give the darker look???

Our pool will be 3'-8' deep 19.5' x 36'

Thanks for any and all input.
    23000gal. IG free form with waterfall
    mini pebble interior midnight blue w/Tahoe blue plaster
    OK flag coping, moss boulders and Idaho Quartz flag in waterfall
    Hayward SWG, Hayward 2-speed 2.5hp pump, Prologic Goldline Controls, DE 60 Filter,2-Hayward LED Lights
    2 skimmers, 8 returns 3.5'-8' Deep,Pool size 19'w x 36'L Salt version diving board,Polaris 480 Black cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stone-Scapes Caribbean Blue Or Tahoe Blue???

Try Tahoe with some added black. Thats what we are going with and our PBer says that 90% of his clients go with it after they see his pools. We were one of those 90%.
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Stone-Scapes Caribbean Blue Or Tahoe Blue???

Tahoe is darker. If you pull up a picture of Lake Tahoe in full sun it will look just like it. Be aware it does have a slight shade of green.

You should be happy with tahoe.
    15k diving pool. Originally built in 1979. Rebuilt, except shell in 2008. mini pebble, faux rock slide with jumping rock, 2 1hp whisperflo pumps, tr140 sand filter. Flagstone coping. raised wall with stack stone.