Low Voltage Light - Electric cable need to be in a conduit?

May 26, 2009
Seminole, FL
Apparently the landscapers when they were fixing the sprinkler system partially cut the wire going to my pool light. (This was from before I bought the house so I can't make the sprinkler people fix it). Currently it looks as though its running underground through a metal pipe. I can't pull the cable through to replace it so I am going to yank out the pipe and replace the wire. I was wondering if low voltage (12V) pool lights need to have their wires in some sort of conduit or can a wire just be buried like it is for my sprinkler system?

Bama Rambler said:
Hey Bruce! Don't you mean direct burial :?: :wink: Otherwise you'd have to run it in conduit.

Yeah, I did :oops: :oops: I meant to go back and change it (I knew it wasn't right when I posted it but couldn't remember the correct term! I've thought about it a couple times since but have been too lazy to go back and edit!).

Thanks for adding embarrassment to my procrastination :lol: :lol:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.