pool just finished, coping looks beat...

May 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
My pool just finish in Dec 09. however after all deck pour and plaster install. The coping looks really beat. What can I do to make it look more fresh?
My decking guy say I shouldnt seal it. it can be too slippery.

My coping is a chocolate color concrete bullnose.
you can kind of see it here.

4192470188_d9a5316b60_b.jpg

4192462738_9151c02382_b.jpg

My pool was finished in October and my coping is dark brown "textured" concrete. They did seal it and it looks fine. I have not had the chance to swim in it yet to determine if it will be slippery, but we have walked over it quite a bit, even when it has rained, and it doesn't seem slippery....

My concrete coping was poured on a day where it began to rain (and continued for two weeks), which caused some places in the "texture" that I was no happy with, and the sealant actually made it look better I think.

Our coping always look bad when it is raining or wet :( It always look good when it is dry :-D . What does it look like when it is dry???? :cheers:

Did you go with the Blue Fountain signature couping?, I did and the color has faded considerable, I can live with it because it blends with the decking, but if I did over again I would have gone with an on-site poured couping.

Tim

I won't comment on your coping as comparing any coping to my constantly silt/sand/dust/mud covered, brown brick coping would be silly AND what a beautiful result on your build. :-D

BTW.... my brown coping is at least about the same color as the mud/silt but it sure is much nicer looking when it is cleaned (which only last until the dogs start romping) :roll: and especially when wet.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.