Controller/Pump Problem

Mar 14, 2009
My hot tub controller (Balboa VL-7000 Series according to the tub's instruction manual) has a two hour filter cycle every 12 hours. I recently cut the power to the tub to reset the time of the 12 hour cycle. It starts the cycle 6 minutes after power on.

Since then the high/low pump that is in the low flow mode for the filter cycle stays on in low flow mode all the time.

Normal operation has the low flow on if the tub is heating in Standard or Economy (heats only during the filter cycle) mode or during the two hour filter cycle in Sleep mode.

If turned on at other times it may run in low flow for a minute before shutting off.

I have cut the power for several hours hoping it would boot up and cure the problem, but no luck.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks,
Curmudgeon

350 gal Infinity using BBB

Bingo.

Thanks spishex, that was the problem.

A few days ago I had been showing a friend how to turn the pumps on and off so he could use the tub if we weren't home. He was pushing buttons and had changed the filter cycle to 8 hours (2, 4, 6, 8, & continuous are the options on my controller).

I very much appreciate your suggestion.

And this is why I have been suggesting this most useful forum to my friends and to on the Yahoo Hot Tub group.

Thanks

Curmudgeon

350 gal Infinity using BBB

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.