Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Metal Sequesterants... Any less expensive options?

1. Back To Top    #1

Metal Sequesterants... Any less expensive options?

I'm just about to start the removal of some magnesium stains from my vinyl liner using ascorbic acid (vitamin C test worked great!). I'm pricing metal sequesterants online for my 28,000 gallon pool. According to their websites, I need about 3 quarts of either the Jack's Magic or ProTeam Metal Magic products and it's getting up there in price... not to mention shipping!

Are there any alternatives to these products, or are we doomed to the high prices of pool chemicals?

30000 gal.
    Pentair 60 sq. ft. DE filter 150 gal. per min.
    IG 20X40 Free Form gunite/plaster
    2 hp Purex pump
    Corona, Ca.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Metal Sequesterants... Any less expensive options?

Welcome to TFP!

You will need to buy pool products. I don't know of any generic alternatives. There are less expensive brands than Jack's and ProTeam, but the cost is still substantial. I suggest starting with a top brand, Jack's or ProTeam, and then trying out less expensive brands after you have things under control.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School