Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Icebergs on Dallas pool equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Icebergs on Dallas pool equipment

See photos here: ... 4366039fd8

I have ice building up at my returns (IG pool) AND a lot of ice on my filter.
    Do I need to be concerned or do anything?

I recently had the top of the filter replaced because of a leak - doesn't appear the leak
    was resolved.

Thanks for your help!
    18K gallon Pebble Pool and spa/ Hayward H400IDL Heater/ Hayward Pro Grid 48 ft Vertical Grid DE Filter / Aquarite Chlorine Generator / 2 HP Hayward Northstar Pump /
    New pool owner since 2009

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: Icebergs on Dallas pool equipment

Take a blow dryer to the filter to melt the ice, especially near the pressure gauge and bleeder valve. Not too close. Blow dryers are not heat guns. Putting it too close will restrict their air flow and can cause over heating or warp the filter parts. Find that leak!

Keep an eye on the returns. Don't let them get blocked! Pour a pot of hot, but not boiling, water on the ice. Avoid direct contact with the rock and return fitting. A rapid change in temp on them can cause a crack. The ice will crack and cool the hot water before it hits the stone work or fitting.

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.