mastertemp heater cost of operation?

Heaters are usually speced in the amount of BTUs used so a 400,000 BTU heater will use about 4 therms in hour. For 40 min, that would be about 2.7 therms. The cost will depend on your NG rates.

fkong777 said:
thanks.. my over baseline rate is # Therms x $0.96737 so about $3-4 an hr to heat the spa.. is not too bad.
Want to feel even better? My 75.0 Amp 18 kW Tankless electric water heater requires about 8½ hours to heat my 750 gallon spa from 50°F to 100°F. At $0.25 per kWh, the heater reduces my net worth at the rate of $4.50 hour. But I must add 45¢ an hour for the circulating pump, SWG and controller -- all of which are in use while the spa is heating. If I'm sufficiently inebriated or just feeling reckless, I turn on the jet pump when we finally get in... at a cost of $0.60 hour. Total cost is something north of $50.00 - for a 30-60 minute soak.

:scratch:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.