Adding Acid

S&B

Oct 29, 2009
What is the safest way to add MA to an inground recently pebblesheened pool. Deep end, one spot equipment running/equipment off, mix the water...? Looking to add about 30 oz total.

Thanks.

A good read through Pool School would reveal the proper procedure but I'll save you the trouble.

With pump running, pour slowly in front of a return careful to avoid splashing. Let it circulate about an hour before turning the pump off.

I highly recommend you read Pool School if you haven't already. It'll prepare you for taking care of your pool.

If you are particularly worried about damaging the surface, you can dip a bucket of pool water, add the acid to that, then pour the bucket slowly in front of a return as described by Bama. In fact some people recommend this method at all times.
--paulr

S&B said:
What is the safest way to add MA to an inground recently pebblesheened pool. Deep end, one spot equipment running/equipment off, mix the water...? Looking to add about 30 oz total.

Thanks.

I'd probably sneak up behind her and push her when she's close to the edge........

What are you trying to do (and why don't you call the [person] that got you into the predicament you seem to be in :shock: :cool:)?? Any pool guy worth his salt that would sell you a finish like that would at least owe it to you to help out after wards. You must have had a real [!@#$%^&*] helping you (or maybe you didn't send him a Christmas card and now you feel guilty!).
Edited for politeness. JasonLion

PM me if you need this guys number (I just might have it!).

HA! Thanks Bruce, just didn't want to bug you during the holidays...

No guilt here, I don't send any cards...that's my wife's gig...Or that's what I try to convince her anyway...

Seroiusly though, the PH seems to be creeping upward, it is 8.2+ now, and I just want to stay on it. Plus the Chargers pulled the starters too soon...I'm going to do some chores while they give the game to the 'Skins. I'll check in with you on Monday.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year!

a pH of 8.2+ really requires immediate attention.

8.2 is probably as high as you can measure (and that's too high) but it could be even higher still. You don't post any numbers but you could easily be in a scaling condition that is not easily corrected.

S&B said:
HA! Thanks Bruce, just didn't want to bug you during the holidays...

No guilt here, I don't send any cards...that's my wife's gig...Or that's what I try to convince her anyway...

Seroiusly though, the PH seems to be creeping upward, it is 8.2+ now, and I just want to stay on it. Plus the Chargers pulled the starters too soon...I'm going to do some chores while they give the game to the 'Skins. I'll check in with you on Monday.

Oh yeah, Happy New Year!

You won't bug me! I am always happy to help!

Just kidding on the card! Just having a little fun busting your chops!

We definitely need to get that pH down, so call me tomorrow and we'll talk (Note to Jason on the politeness edit: I am the guy I was speaking of and this was a "bash" on me for the poster. Maybe I should have sent a PM, but I knew I could handle the slam :-D )

If I'd have seen this earlier I could have helped you with some concerns on the Chargers also! Have faith Grasshopper!

Happy New Year back! Talk to you tomorrow :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.