Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: vacuum feed chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

vacuum feed chlorinator

I have a vacuum feed chlorine device that fits into the top of my 2 gallon jug of chlorine and have had it working great for 10 years just sipping a jug for about a month. But as with everything pool its time has come. Do you know of any device that fits into a 2 gallon jug and sips the chlorine out only while the pool pump is rinning? There is no name on the device.
    Thank you...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: vacuum feed chlorinator

That would be a neat gadget to have!!

Could you post a picture; with your hook-up? I would love to see how it workes. Somebody might be able to come up with a DIY solution.
    12500 AGP 2HP Sand filter
    Five years on BBB & loving it!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Can I second the vote for a pic?? I'd love to see this thing. I'm sure they use a needle valve to adjust the flow. With a pic I could probably recreate it.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Indialantic, FL

If you find no pool sources, try a lawn irrigation company - a friend of mine has a similar setup to deliver insecticide and fertilizer. It uses a tank and a siphon hose (with the already mentioned needle valve to control delivery rate) on the pressure side of the pump. Very simple, pretty effective, but I think he told me it costs a couple hundred installed and calibrated.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot