Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's here?

1. Back To Top    #1

Who's here?

As it's X-mas Eve, Eve - I'm just wondering who is here and active on the site,

I've done a similar thread the past 2 years. I want to see who still visits this site in the cold, pools closed or 'unswimmable' months

If you see this, just say 'hi' or

Merry, Merry and Happy, Happy to all
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Who's here?

Ted,

Merry, Merry & Happy, Happy to you and yours, too....
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all at TFP !!!
    Les
    Don't have a pool right now. Just sharing what I have learned over the years!
    Helpful Links:
    Pool School,Pool Calculator,Cl/CYA Shock Chart,TF Test Kit
    Doing BBB and loving it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm here reading the new posts as I usually do in the evening.

Have a merry Christmas and happy New Year.
    Gordon
    27K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP pump, 24" sand filter, Goldline Aqua Plus SWG

5. Back To Top    #5

Happy Holidays!

I'm here every day, just glancing at the topics, checking to see if I can help out. TFP is part of my morning routine, coffee, e-mail, news, wake up, get on with my day. And sometimes in the evening just before I shut down the computer.

Cold here, 14 F right now. We did all our shopping and will hunker down tomorrow in anticipation of a special Christmas Eve dinner and exchanging presents. We tend to keep presents to each other very low key - our money goes to educational and dog related charities.

We have the second season of Chef! and thank you, Chef Benfield, for making me aware of that series. It is absolutely wonderful! - and are looking forward to watching some of the eps.

Merry Christmas, TFP!
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

6. Back To Top    #6

I'm here.
    Not like I have a lot to offer, but I'm a glutton for punishment.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Ohm_Boy
    Not like I have a lot to offer, but I'm a glutton for punishment.
    And, per the National Weather Service, you're going to get it, too... why is it that every time I venture to central Florida the sun takes a holiday and an arctic front claims Disney World? Geesh, gonna have to pack a coat and long underwear to endure my vacation. So, what else is new?

See you all in a week.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm here and pretty new to the site.

Our pool is still under construction and today they painted the boulders in and around the pool. They have mostly been working on the front and back landscaping over the past few weeks and will start the coping on Monday after the holiday. We might have water in the pool by next month but we are in no hurry.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

I really enjoy this site!
    Carlsbad, CA, 45x23.5, 27,000 gallon free form pool being installed now, 870 sq ft,18" raised spa w wide vanishing edge, grotto, sun shelf, 6 ft deep end, 3.5 shallow, pentair variable speed pump, 2 pentair whisperflow pumps, pentair minmax 400 BTU heater, easy touch pentair control panel, 4 LED Intellibrite lights, 2 in the pool 1 in grotto and 1 in the spa

9. Back To Top    #9

I'm still here. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Now back to wrapping...
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

10. Back To Top    #10

Still here reading, tending pool, making my two-day-ordeal chicken and cornbread dressing with giblet gravy for Friday at husband's family. They threaten to disown me if I don't show up with it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!! May it be awesome for everyone.
    7,000 gal. IG gunite, SWG, PebbleSheen interior finish-Aqua Blue, 8' vanishing edge raised 16-jet overspill spa, 2 12" waterfalls, tan shelf with bubbler.
    Pentair equipment: Easy Touch 8, Intellichlor IC-40, Intelliflo VF 3050, 2.5 hp Whisperflo spa pump, 1 hp Whisperflo water feature pump, Quad 100 DE filter, Master Temp 400 heater, Legend Platinum Cleaner (3/4 hp pump). Autofill, TF-100 Test Kit w/salt and borate strips.

Pisces Pool Build

11. Back To Top    #11

First Christmas in Florida! Merry Christmas to all. Hoping to fire up the heat pump and swim on New Year's With this weather, though, it might really take us all week to get the water up to a swimmable temp.
    Sandy

15,600 gallon, screened 15 x 30 sport pool with 6 x 8 baja shelf, IG plaster (Diamondbrite??), Hayward cartridge filter, 1-HP Hayward pump, Hayward/EUS Mark VI heat pump, Polaris 280, AquaRite SWCG

12. Back To Top    #12

A day without TFP is like a day without sunshine (OK, I stole that from somewhere else!).

Merry Christmas everyone

13. Back To Top    #13

Me too. Always learn something from this site thanks to everyone who contributes,
    Merry Christmas from Ohio.
    Sundance Hot Tub 365 gal, acrylic
    (2) 2.5 hp pumps
    ozonator
    Northwest Ohio resident

14. Back To Top    #14

Merry Christmas, folks! I check in at least twice a day. I like to try and keep my knowledge fresh!
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

15. Back To Top    #15

I'm here! Jason doesn't give us any time off for the holidays.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

16. Back To Top    #16

Always lurking around.
    Merry Christmas, snow no swimming BAH HUM BUG.
    IG 18x36 oval vinyl, Spill over spa, Northstar 2hp-2spd, 2.5" piping, S310T 500lb Sand filter, 400k gas heater, AutoPilot SWCG
    http://www.tftestkits.net/

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by polyvue
    ... why is it that every time I venture to central Florida [snip]

See you all in a week.

Didn't you just come back from Kauai? And now, Florida?

You know, I've been thinking . . . with all the traveling you do surely you need an assistant, someone to pack and repack your gear, polish the scopes for star gazing, carry water. Whatever. Why not let me help you out with some of that? I speak three languages, can drive a stick shift, can drive on the left, am excellent at haggling for the best price, know how to snare and fish. I mean, I would be a real asset to you on these trips to warm places, really!

Have a great time!
    AnnaK

12,500 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

18. Back To Top    #18

I'm obviously a new guy here - and still about a week away from a contract. So it should be no surprise I'm online - and pouring through almost every post, gleaning info as I go.

I wish a happy and safe holiday time for all!
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

19. Back To Top    #19

Merry Xmas!

20. Back To Top    #20

Merry Christmas from a just about to get hit Kansas City. Weatherman is calling for 2-9 inches of the white stuff before tomorrow morning....a White Christmas...something rather unusual here, but the 16 degree temp they are calling for is VERY usual. I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday and gets everything the wish and dream for!
    Matt
    20,000 gallon, sand filter, IG vinyl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast