Intelliflow spa/heat issue

coog61

Nov 6, 2009
Richmond, TX
For the spa heat to activate I need the pool pump to run at max 3,500 rpm. Since I normally run 2,000 rpm in the winter ... how do I configure the circuits in the Pentair EasyTouch for the pump to go to max speed when I turn on the spa?

I am a bit surprised that you would need to run the pump that fast in order to use the heater. Most heaters only need 40 GPM which should easily be supplied at 2000 RPM. Are you sure that some of the flow isn't being bypassed somewhere around the heater? What is the filter pressure at 2000 RPM?

2000 RPM should be sufficient to run that heater and 10 PSI indicates you are getting fairly good flow through the pad although a bit on the high side.

Did the PB put in a heater bypass? If so, make sure the valve is closed so all of the water goes through the heater.

After reading the heater manual, it sez that for 2-speed pumps, the low speed may not generate enough water flow for the heater to activate, so run on high speed.
Given this does anyone know how to automate the spa setting to change the pump to max speed?

See page 11 & 26 in the manual.

But technically, the Intelliflo is not a two speed pump and you are not operating at low speed. 2000 RPM is lower that full speed but should be fast enough to produce 40 GPM. There is probably another reason why the heater is not getting enough flow rate and you may want to look into it either way.

I've got a similar setup, at least for the pool anyway.

I believe I've got my Intelliflo running about 1800 rpm when running the heater with no issues. I have a bypass valve so I need to make sure that the valve is in the right position.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.