Dumbest thing I've ever seen (well, close)...

taekwondodo

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Customer has a Jandy Stealth 2.0 - motor went out this week. So he decides to upgrade to the Stealth 2.0-2speed. I get it, have is set-up on my bench next to the original pump. Excellent! The ports line-up exactly (for those that aren't familiar, this pump has these really cool fittings on it that make pulling the pump a breeze).

Then, I'll be d***ed.

The threads are different on the pumps ports - same location, same style fitting, different thread.

Now how stupid is that? I've got to cut-up the old PVC anyway (when it should have been a direct drop-in). And, there's almost NO slack in the older PVC, so I may be looking at a significant re-plumb of the pad.

Sorry, needed to Rant - Jandy wasn't any help either.

Well, I got the new pump in. It was tricky - there was no margin for error, and I had to get a "PVC Extender", which is basically a coupler that fits on the outside of a normal PVC fitting.

I couldn't use the old pump head/swap, as the Jandy design had changed significantly (4, 1/2" bolts to 6, 9/16" bolts) - and swapping the motor would have required new seals/bushings at the impeller.

Al in all, a job well done (but took 2x longer than I had planned/quoted - lesson learned...).

- Jeff

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.