Pool Problem

May 19, 2009
Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has asked me for an opinion would you be able to indicate to me a possibility likely causes:

We emptied out indoor pool for cleaning in August, and re-opened at the beginning of September. From October onwards we have found that the water quality has deteriorated.

Currently, after swimming, a soapy/ white foam appears as a very thin layer on the surface of the indoor pool. It cannot be lifted out of the pool, and does settle when the pool is quiet.

We have also had very different readings on our pool chlorine levels on a day to day basis.

So what do you think? how long ti would take to have an idea of what is going on?

I will try and get a full set of test results posted. What test should be done to determine the problem?

aho.lwi said:
I live in Hong Kong, so im quite far from you and other TFP users.
Maybe not quite so far as you think... I know we have a number of members here from Australia (too far the other direction?) but I seem to recall at least one member from Taiwan or Macao. There may be others in your area. You can enter your location in your Profile. (Not required, but helpful.) :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.