Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Problem

Hi Guys,

A friend of mine has asked me for an opinion would you be able to indicate to me a possibility likely causes:

We emptied out indoor pool for cleaning in August, and re-opened at the beginning of September. From October onwards we have found that the water quality has deteriorated.

Currently, after swimming, a soapy/ white foam appears as a very thin layer on the surface of the indoor pool. It cannot be lifted out of the pool, and does settle when the pool is quiet.

We have also had very different readings on our pool chlorine levels on a day to day basis.

So what do you think? how long ti would take to have an idea of what is going on?

I will try and get a full set of test results posted. What test should be done to determine the problem?
    27,500gal IG plaster that needs recoating/painting!, Pentair Whisper-flo 1hp 2 speed, 48sf DE, Pentair Legend II pressure-side cleaner, BBB newbie

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Problem

What did you use to clean the pool?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

What test should be done to determine the problem?
    Free chlorine
    Combined Chloramines
    pH
    Total Alkalinity
    Calcium Hardness
    Cyanuric Acid.

No point in making wild guesses until you can get those results.

Where do you live?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I live in Hong Kong, so im quite far from you and other TFP users. Wil try and post a full set of results when i have time to go by and check up on my friend.
    27,500gal IG plaster that needs recoating/painting!, Pentair Whisper-flo 1hp 2 speed, 48sf DE, Pentair Legend II pressure-side cleaner, BBB newbie

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by aho.lwi
    I live in Hong Kong, so im quite far from you and other TFP users.
    Maybe not quite so far as you think... I know we have a number of members here from Australia (too far the other direction?) but I seem to recall at least one member from Taiwan or Macao. There may be others in your area. You can enter your location in your Profile. (Not required, but helpful.)
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009