Update on my pool build in NC

I am just waiting for the rain to stop so that the bottom can stop filling up with water. I am going to let it dry out before I put down the vermicultie. However this gave me time to finish my wall.Next is the new 26X38 deck which I would like to have done by March. Still looking for a robot cleaner, any recommendations? Also I have got to measure the pool for a safety cover, either a merlin or loop lock not sure yet.

Attachments

• 12-04-09 TT1.jpg
    12-04-09 TT1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 572
  • 12-4-09-TT.jpg
    12-4-09-TT.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 572
  • 12-04-09-TT2.jpg
    12-04-09-TT2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 572
I really like it so far! Any chance of posting a pic of the whole pool from shallow to deep end and deep end to shallow?

I love pool builds! Is this a DIY project? You are going to have an awesome summer in your new pool! :cool:

rookiepool2 said:
I am just waiting for the rain to stop so that the bottom can stop filling up with water. I am going to let it dry out before I put down the vermicultie.
This is new to me... why vermiculite? Is this a plaster component or something used as a base for shotcrete? It appears there is only dirt at the bottom now with finished concrete walls.

FSI_C-12IP said:
Those look like steel walls for a vinyl liner pool. A vermiculite base over the soil bottom is a common construction method in the SE. With all this red clay in the soil, it's generally very stable.
Aaah, thanks, FSI. I now see the reflection of the ladder against the pool wall... it sure looked like concrete on first glance.

Re: Some more pics from NC

polyvue said:
Could you make these a little smaller? I can almost see them. :mrgreen:

:lol: You make me laugh polyvue! :lol:

Yeah, I can almost see them too.

I really like the free form pools though! :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.