Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Update on my pool build in NC

1. Back To Top    #1

Update on my pool build in NC

I am just waiting for the rain to stop so that the bottom can stop filling up with water. I am going to let it dry out before I put down the vermicultie. However this gave me time to finish my wall.Next is the new 26X38 deck which I would like to have done by March. Still looking for a robot cleaner, any recommendations? Also I have got to measure the pool for a safety cover, either a merlin or loop lock not sure yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Freeform 18' X 36: 20,100 Gallons: 2" piping, 1HP Pentair Whisperflo, Pentair Triton II Tr-60 filter,Pentair IC-40 Chlorine generator, dual main drains,3 returns,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Update on my pool build in NC

I really like it so far! Any chance of posting a pic of the whole pool from shallow to deep end and deep end to shallow?

I love pool builds! Is this a DIY project? You are going to have an awesome summer in your new pool!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by rookiepool2
    I am just waiting for the rain to stop so that the bottom can stop filling up with water. I am going to let it dry out before I put down the vermicultie.
    This is new to me... why vermiculite? Is this a plaster component or something used as a base for shotcrete? It appears there is only dirt at the bottom now with finished concrete walls.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

4. Back To Top    #4

Those look like steel walls for a vinyl liner pool. A vermiculite base over the soil bottom is a common construction method in the SE. With all this red clay in the soil, it's generally very stable.
    20K gal IG vinyl 18'x36' rectangle, 2' radius corners
    Hayward Goldline Aqua Rite 40K SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS 3050,
    Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo 24" Sand filter, Model T-240BP-1, Polaris 280 Auto Cleaner
    Sunstar solar panels (438 sq ft ), Pentair Sun Touch Controller automating solar panels, SWG, and Polaris
    TF-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by FSI_C-12IP
    Those look like steel walls for a vinyl liner pool. A vermiculite base over the soil bottom is a common construction method in the SE. With all this red clay in the soil, it's generally very stable.
    Aaah, thanks, FSI. I now see the reflection of the ladder against the pool wall... it sure looked like concrete on first glance.
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    __

6. Back To Top    #6

Some more pics from NC

Merged threads - Butterfly

Well here are the pictures of the pool from end to end. They have not been able to get it done due to the rain.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Freeform 18' X 36: 20,100 Gallons: 2" piping, 1HP Pentair Whisperflo, Pentair Triton II Tr-60 filter,Pentair IC-40 Chlorine generator, dual main drains,3 returns,

7. Back To Top    #7

Re: Some more pics from NC

Could you make these a little smaller? I can almost see them.
    __

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: Some more pics from NC

Quote Originally Posted by polyvue
    Could you make these a little smaller? I can almost see them.
    You make me laugh polyvue!

Yeah, I can almost see them too.

I really like the free form pools though!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter