As part of the pool remodel, I am considering the intelliflo vf to reduce my utility bill. I read quite a few posts but have come out more confused so I definitely need some assistance.
Here is what I have -
* 30,000 gal ig outdoor gunite pool
* 1.5 in pipes and a sand filter
* 1 hp hayward SP-2807-X10
* pump runs almost 24 hrs/day =~ 1kwh * 24 * .12c = $2.88 but my utility bill makes me suspect the pump is consuming more
* polaris cleaner /w booster pump
* approx 50 ft of pipe before the pump
* residential pool with a 2-5 swimmers
What I need help with is determining
* the minimum number of turnovers I need
* what are the cost savings going with the intelliflo vf?
I have read that the VF can consume as little as 200w/hr but at how long would one turnover take?
* The intelliflo uses 2 in pipes, would there be an issue connecting it to 1.5 inlet