Polaris 380 Plumbing

May 8, 2007
Nashville, TN
I have come across a pretty good deal on a Polaris 380 and have a few questions:

- Anyone have any opinions on how this unit works? I have a rectangular inground pool (16x32) with an 8' deep end, vinyl liner and sloped sides .

- I am little confused on how this thing is plumbed. It is a pressure side cleaner, but does it come with it's own booster pump or do I need to be concerned with my current pressure?

- How does the booster pump get installed. Is it typically installed in the same manner as your everyday pump? I have a set-up where I have two returns along with one skimmer and I have one additional dedicated suction adjacent to the skimmer that I don't use. This might have been plumbed to accomodate a suction side cleaner at one point, but I don't know. Could I switch the dedicated suction connection to a pressure-dedicated connection without too much work, and then keep my Polaris 380 hooked up to that?

Thanks,

Riles

The Polaris 380 is a pressure side cleaner that normally comes with its own boster pump. You need to have a dedicated pipe from the pool to the equipment pad. Probably your existing suction pipe runs all the way to the pad and can be converted fairly easily. The boster pump gets installed at the equipment pad taking water from the return and sending it to the pool through the dedicated pipe.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.