Favourite Pool Toys

matt4x4 said:
My kid and his friends love the wild rocker - the thing is huge so I don't recommend it for pools smaller than 27 feet round because someone's going to get hurt.

Hey Matt,

I'm curious as to how many tubes this is to fill...my mother-in-law got us 'the cube' and there's 11 fill points...gotta love the in-laws...I think she got it knowing it would be a point of torture for me...I'm looking for a big inflatable for the kids that doesn't take an hour to fill (seriously, I timed it last time, with a coleman pump)

*shrug*...gotta love my mother-in-law... :roll:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
tagprod said:
crazycanuck said:
OK, whats your favourite pool toy. Noodles? Dive sticks? squishy balls? volleyball net, basketball net etc etc...

hey you crazy canuck - why do you keep spelling favorite wrong? :-D

It is customary here in Canada to add a "u" after the letter "o" in some words.

Flavor becomes Flavour, Color becomes Colour, Favorite becomes Favourite.

I think its an british thing.

:angel: :whoot:

Oh OH... mine is the floating bar/cooler thingy with cup holders that we can put ice in the middle, and a container full of blended Pina Colada.... What? ....thats not a toy??? Who says? Its way fun, everyone over 21 enjoys it everytime..... Ok, never mind...

Ours is the Toypedo. It's a heavy stick shaped like a torpedo and is very hard to throw accurately and far, but when you throw it right it glides fast. Two people stand on opposite sides of the pool and throw it to the other side and if it hits the wall you get a point, kind of like soccer and the other person defends the wall. If the thrower makes a bad throw it's a race to retrieve it. If the original thrower grabs it, they go back to their wall and start again, if the defender gets it first they throw the Toypedo from that spot. So far, that's the best we got.

crazycanuck said:
tagprod said:
crazycanuck said:
OK, whats your favourite pool toy. Noodles? Dive sticks? squishy balls? volleyball net, basketball net etc etc...

Oh, I was just joking - I know why you spelled it that way. I was just trying to get a rise out of the Canadians. :twisted:

NWMNMom said:
Oh OH... mine is the floating bar/cooler thingy with cup holders that we can put ice in the middle, and a container full of blended Pina Colada.... What? ....thats not a toy??? Who says? Its way fun, everyone over 21 enjoys it everytime..... Ok, never mind...

do you have a picture of this item? Does it work as well with margaritas? what color of pebble sheen should I get? :lol:

JCJR said:
Ours is the Toypedo. It's a heavy stick shaped like a torpedo and is very hard to throw accurately and far, but when you throw it right it glides fast. Two people stand on opposite sides of the pool and throw it to the other side and if it hits the wall you get a point, kind of like soccer and the other person defends the wall. If the thrower makes a bad throw it's a race to retrieve it. If the original thrower grabs it, they go back to their wall and start again, if the defender gets it first they throw the Toypedo from that spot. So far, that's the best we got.

throwing the toypedo is an artform - like a football thrown with a perfect spiral - it takes practice.

NWMNMom said:

I like the way us Minnesotans think!!! :cheers: :bowdown: :goodjob: :wave:

tagprod said:
crazycanuck said:
tagprod said:
crazycanuck said:

Oh, I was just joking - I know why you spelled it that way. I was just trying to get a rise out of the Canadians. :twisted:

Don't get us going, pretty soon you'll be eating backbacon, drinking Molson Export and ending all your sentences in "eH!"

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.