Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Effect of MPS on CC test -- how long?

1. Back To Top    #1

Effect of MPS on CC test -- how long?

How long after the use of MPS will it affect the accuracy of a CC test? I've read that MPS will show up as an abnormally high reading for CC. Trying to figure out how long I have to wait before I can rely on the accuracy of my CC test.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Effect of MPS on CC test -- how long?

I think I may have answered my own question. An article on Taylor's website seems to indicate you need to wait 8 hours for the MPS interference to clear out and allow an accurate measure of CC. ... ntentID=33

3. Back To Top    #3

San Rafael, CA USA

Re: Effect of MPS on CC test -- how long?

The 8 hours is just an estimate based on typical bather waste amounts. A sufficient excess of MPS can last for more than 8 hours. Taylor has an MPS interference remover, the Taylor K-2042 kit, but you need to use more of this remover when the MPS level is higher (i.e. more than the instructions say).
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"