Just making sure, Is two bottles of Ultra for 2.98 a deal?

shadylady23

Jul 18, 2007
Southwest NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
My local grocery store has bleach on sale. They have two bottles of Ultra "Best Yet" brand on sale for 2.98. I think I should go buy a bunch of them up so I can have bleach for the remainder of the summer, What do you think?

Re: Just making sure, Is two bottles of Ultra for 2.98 a de

shadylady23 said:
My local grocery store has bleach on sale. They have two bottles of Ultra "Best Yet" brand on sale for 2.98. I think I should go buy a bunch of them up so I can have bleach for the remainder of the summer, What do you think?

Walmart sells the 96oz jugs of ultra for $1.28.

WOW! Even better. Definately gonna pick some up next time I go. :) Maybe I'll just get a bottle or two from the grocery store as today is gonna be really sunny and I bet I'm not gonna have much chlorine when I get home from work.

Thanks

JohnT said:
shadylady23 said:

Where? I was just there and got 70-some odd ounces for 2.24. They did not have a 96oz bottle.

crokett said:
JohnT said:
shadylady23 said:

Where? I was just there and got 70-some odd ounces for 2.24. They did not have a 96oz bottle.

Every one I've ever been in. Great Value brand. The bigger jugs are an even better buy.

JohnT said:
crokett said:
JohnT said:
shadylady23 said:

Every one I've ever been in. Great Value brand. The bigger jugs are an even better buy.

Nemmermind. I ran the conversion. I bought 174oz not 74. :oops:

If you get Leslies flyers in the mail, they usually have their "buy 2 jugs get 1 free" special. Only $3.99 for each 2.5gal jug (10-12% strength). This assumes you got your own Cl jugs. Best bang-for-your-buck I can think of.

Stored mine in the patio shade for almost 2 months. Used them to shock the other day. By my testing calculations, they were still almost full strength.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This post reminded me that I need to stop by the StrackVanTill grocery store. They've got 5.25% bleach in full 1 gallon containers for $0.79. :)

I just got back with 25 gallons for under $20.00. :D

I also buy 12% chlorine in 5 gallon a carboy for $9.00. But it's just a bit of a drive. Not bad...but inconvenient.

take care all,
dan

rimshaker said:
Walmart has 174oz bottles of ultra bleach under the "Great Value" brandname. Forgot the exact price, but the larger the bottle, the better the value usually. Especially on generic brand names.

Not up here. They sell a 3.6L (122 oz) bottle for $1.17 and a 5L bottle for $1.87 (170 oz) so if you do the math the 3.6L bottles work out cheaper. Plus 1 bottle adds almost exactly 2ppm chlorine to my pool. No ultra available.

Just thought you might like to know, I did find CYA at Walmart. It was that "HTH" Brand called stabalizer, but it was the right stuff. :) Can't remember the price, I think it was like 7-8 bucks for 4 pounds.

Going out to buy some bleach today... I found some at BigLots for a buck 30 a gallon and I'm getting rid of the kids too so it all works out! I'm gonna check out the Dollar Store behind grandma's house first before I go to BigLots just to make sure I'm getting the best BANG for my BUCK! :lol:

I love Bleach!!!
MY POOL LOOKS AWESOME!

Don't forget to check your local pool store prices.

My neighborhood pool store sells fresh 12+% for sometimes as little as $2 - $3 a gallon. Fewer bottles, not cheaper than smokin deals on Chlorox, but less storage room needed.

MaMa G. said:
Going out to buy some bleach today... I found some at BigLots for a buck 30 a gallon and I'm getting rid of the kids too so it all works out! I'm gonna check out the Dollar Store behind grandma's house first before I go to BigLots just to make sure I'm getting the best BANG for my BUCK! :lol:

I love Bleach!!!
MY POOL LOOKS AWESOME!

Your $1.30 Big Lots bleach probably isn't a bargain. If it comes in gallons, it probably isn't 6%, and could be as low as 3%. If it doesn't say what it is, it's probably the cheap stuff. Look for the % Sodium Hypochlorite on the jug.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.