Newbie introduction and first post

grinchman007

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 23, 2009
Galveston, Texas
Wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and give a big thanks to TFP. Took the plunge and had an inground pool installed adn completed in September. I live in Galveston, Texas. Pool construction was a roller coaster ride, but in the end we have been very pleased with the PB.

It is great to have a resource like this to help with our investment. After reading Pool School and many posts, I have more confidence in taking care of our pool. Purchased the TF-100 test kit and after some learning curves, I believe I got the testing down.

Here are my numbers as of this morning 11/15/09:
FC 1.5
CC 0
TC 1.5
pH 7.2
T/A 40
CH 250
CYA 20

The water has been crystal clear (knock on wood) and my only struggles have been pH. I have been having to add muriatic acid a few times to keep the pH down. I plan on adding a few pics, once I learn how. I look forward to future conversations as my pool education grows. Thanks again.

Welcome to TFP. This is a great place for info on maintaining your pool and for great ideas. You will find that many people here are very friendly and willing to help you. You can also post comments and suggestions as you experience them. :-D

Welcome :wave:

Congrats on your TFP!

The best way to upload pics is to use Photobucket.com or similar host site, upload them there (select the "Large" size) and then copy the IMG code and past the code in your post here, and the picture appears, voila! super easy and Photobucket is free. :wink:

Thanks for the warm welcome and the tips for adding pictures. I just downloaded my memory card, but will have to edit the file size, since the original pictures are pretty large.

Lauraanddavid09, yes, my wife and I are both born and raised Galvestonians. We were lucky and part of the small percentage that did not have any water damage. The crazy thing is we were looking at moving and buying a house (mainly because the new house had a pool and my wife wanted a pool). Well, Ike came and a boat ended up in the pool and the house was heavily damaged. Decided to stay put and ended up installing a pool. One of lifes funny turns.

Now it is getting everything together (landscaping, patio furniture, etc.) for next summer. My to do list keeps growing.

:-D

grinchman007 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome and the tips for adding pictures. I just downloaded my memory card, but will have to edit the file size, since the original pictures are pretty large.

Lauraanddavid09, yes, my wife and I are both born and raised Galvestonians. We were lucky and part of the small percentage that did not have any water damage. The crazy thing is we were looking at moving and buying a house (mainly because the new house had a pool and my wife wanted a pool). Well, Ike came and a boat ended up in the pool and the house was heavily damaged. Decided to stay put and ended up installing a pool. One of lifes funny turns.

Now it is getting everything together (landscaping, patio furniture, etc.) for next summer. My to do list keeps growing.

:-D

Yes the evergrowing list of things to do associated with the pool. Christmas is just round the corner and the wife is shopping for those critters that light up at night. I installed 12 electrical outlets around the pool and in the Dolphin Bar and Grill and the Flamingo Lounge :eek: aahhhhhhhh :eek: :eek: :eek: we need more outlets. I guess this will be another project to add to my list.
:-D :-D

Enjoy your pool and kick back :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.