Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Easy Touch problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Easy Touch problems

I installed a Pentair Easy touch automation system and an Intelliflo VS-3050 pump. The pump ran for about 20 minutes and now won't come on again. I have checked and re-checked the way it is wired up and am certain it is all correct. I believe I just don't know how to turn it on with the automation system. I read that after a little bit that the user panel on the pump becomes not usable due to it being controlled by the easy touch system.
    I need help...
    25x15 pool & 5x7 spa, Pentair Easy Touch 8, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair Ultratemp heater, Pentair C&C 520sqft, Pentair Screen Logic 2, Intellibrite 5G pool & spa lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Easy Touch problems

If the wiring is correct and the communication cable is plugged into the pump, the panel on the pump itself will not work. You probably need to set up the "EASY TOUCH SYSTEM" so that it will start controlling the pump.
    16,500 gal Roman end with PebbleFina finish
    4 x 160 intelliflo pump
    Easytouch controls with an IC40 chlorinator
    Sta-rite cartridge filter
    A & A infloor cleaning system
    Pentair 5g LED pool light

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pentair Easy Touch problems

I believe you are correct. I am going to get ont he phone with Petair tomorrow to see if I cant get it working. The pumped worked for about 20 minutes then nothing. But from what I understand is once you hook it to the Easy Touch the automation system re-writes the memory on the Intelliflo.
    25x15 pool & 5x7 spa, Pentair Easy Touch 8, Pentair Intelliflo, Pentair Ultratemp heater, Pentair C&C 520sqft, Pentair Screen Logic 2, Intellibrite 5G pool & spa lights