Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Went back through the posts

1. Back To Top    #1
    Suffolk County, NY

Went back through the posts

So it's a slow day at work today.

Im relatively new here and never really checked out "The Coffee Bar".

So I am reading back a few years, and I'm so tempted to post replies in some of the threads about pool games, and cigars, etc etc... LOL. Great threads. Too bad I missed them by 2 or 3 years.

I would post anyway, but I think the original poster would think I was insane for replying to something written 2 years ago.
    18x38 Inground Liner (25k gal) Paver surround, multi-speed pump, DE Filter, Raised spill over spa, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: Went back through the posts

Ah, happens all the time. And yes, we do then talk about you behind your back. LOL

Sometimes it's perfectly ok to revive old threads. If it's not, we mod's take care of it anyway...
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sacramento, California USA

Quote Originally Posted by mitch08
    I would post anyway, but I think the original poster would think I was insane for replying to something written 2 years ago.
    Once or twice I have found myself up late trying to decipher somebody's pool issue, reading back thru the thread to compose a smartly reasoned (if not downright brilliant ) response, slam-click the Submit button and go to bed feeling smug and self-satisfied.

The next day, of course, I realize that I've answered a trial balloon from a one-time poster - a question that nobody's bothered to ask (or respond to) since it was first posted in April 2007. And worse, my response I now see, was based on a mis-reading of the original problem and contains 6 typos! A couple of forum "lifers" (no names, please) posted follow-on replys to the thread I mistakenly revived. Who knows? Maybe that one time poster will read it and post her test results! (circa April '07)
    14,555 gal in-ground 16'x29' white plaster Pool w/spa (2007); Goldline Aqua Logic AQL-PS-8 control w/Aqua Cell 15 Salt Water Chlorination (SWCG); Hayward TriStar 1HP (1.85 SF) main / 1.5HP (1.60 SF) spa pumps; Hayward Swimclear cart filter C4025, ColorLogic LED lights; Tankless SP-18-4 electric heater; Polaris 280 cleaner.
    View of spiral galaxy in Ursa Major NGC6217 - Hubble Telescope 2009

4. Back To Top    #4

Coastalish 'down easter'

Nothing wrong with going over old posts! And, if you have something to add, it's welcome As Ann said, the mods will cull through all posts and delete or move objectionable or improper posts (they need something to do, now that the season is winding down :P )

Seriously, as I see it, posts often need a good 'bump' and, even if the OP's question is no longer an issue, folks using the search function could benefit from the advice--- this is NOT to say that starting your own post for a question isn't the optimal way of getting a specific answer to any question
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)