This weekend I switched from BBB in spa to Bromine. 3-step. Using Borax also. Put in proper amounts using Pool Calculator and then threw in the floater with Bromine tabs. MAJOR big mistake that I didn't realize until next day. The feeder can't be adjusted down fine enough. Took feeder out (still out) and will put in only one tab till can get one that can be fine tuned. Bromine so way off the scale I can't measure pH. I drained close to 1/2 and refilled. Bromine came down a little. So stopped by Leslie's yesterday and picked up a bottle of Chlorine and Bromine neutralizer, "Chlor Neutralizer", and Taylor reagent R-0007. 7 is the buffer for testing isn't it?
Have to run this morning but will add neutralizer when I get back at noon. I'm going to take it down slowly. I just want to get it down enough to do accurate testing.
I thought my spa was 350 gallons but found on the makers site that it is 550 so the 2 oz of Sodium Bromide I added was pretty right on. I did a really long soak the first night and added 2 tbs of MPS after. After soak I reported to DH that I didn't remember Bromine smelling so much when we used it way back. With BBB didn't need any fragrances but used some with the first Bromine soak. Next day is when I discovered the off-the-scale reading of Bromine. As the pH test is dark purple I have no idea what the pH is right now. I may just empty the it and start over but want to play with the neutralizer some.
BTW... have ozonator.
Will report back later.