Polaris Caretaker problem

Nov 9, 2009
My pool pop ups havent worked in years (after the filter was changed 10yrs ago) all they did when i turn them on was make loud banging noise. So in the past month i repainted the pool and put new sand in the filter. I remover the caretaker and took it appart and found a couple of the gears seized up so i freed them up and all moves great now. when i got the pool running i turned on the floor cleaner and noise was gone but pop ups didnt work, pressure went up from 15 to 30 when i switched the floor cleaner on it started leaking from around the tubes that go in the ground. Question is could it be the leak around the tubes causing the pop ups not to work or maybe the seals inside around the pistons? also is that pressure a normal spike? Thanx all answers are appriciated

Mpswirl said:
Question is could it be the leak around the tubes causing the pop ups not to work or maybe the seals inside around the pistons? also is that pressure a normal spike?
Hello Mpswirl... just posting to welcome you to TFP forum :)

Hopefully some members who are familiar with your system can offer advice on the Polaris Caretaker in-floor cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.