Pool closed, now I'm sad

dlduvall

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Feb 22, 2009
West Virginia
Closed our IG pool yesterday. It was so depressing to wake up this morning and look out the back window and see a big covered space on the ground instead of the blue sparkly pool water. :cry: I hate this time of year. This summer was such a bummer year for having a pool. We never really did much swimming since we had such a mild summer. :x Now it's all done until next year!

We closed today. The equipment is drained, the water level has been lowered, the chemistry was adjusted to FC=15. It's just a body of water surrounded by a wooden deck now.

The net dangles off its pole and each day when I'm up on the hill cleaning up after the dogs I'll peak in to see if there's an errant leaf to be scooped even though the surrounding trees are bare. The dogs will sit by the gate, hoping. I'll say, "No, not today. No dogs," but they know that someday I'll say, "OK! Dogs go swim!" and so they try day after day, waiting and hoping.

Pretty soon it'll be frozen solid. Then, I'll let them in and we play ice ball. Until then, I hope for leaves to scoop and subzero temps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.