Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool closed, now I'm sad

1. Back To Top    #1

West Virginia

Pool closed, now I'm sad

Closed our IG pool yesterday. It was so depressing to wake up this morning and look out the back window and see a big covered space on the ground instead of the blue sparkly pool water. I hate this time of year. This summer was such a bummer year for having a pool. We never really did much swimming since we had such a mild summer. Now it's all done until next year!
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

2. Back To Top    #2
    South Carolina

Re: Pool closed, now I'm sad

Since we don't close, we're still looking at sparkly pool water. But, we do have to keep the leaves out

Let's hope we all have great swim weather next season!
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Eastern Pennsylvania

Re: Pool closed, now I'm sad

We closed today. The equipment is drained, the water level has been lowered, the chemistry was adjusted to FC=15. It's just a body of water surrounded by a wooden deck now.

The net dangles off its pole and each day when I'm up on the hill cleaning up after the dogs I'll peak in to see if there's an errant leaf to be scooped even though the surrounding trees are bare. The dogs will sit by the gate, hoping. I'll say, "No, not today. No dogs," but they know that someday I'll say, "OK! Dogs go swim!" and so they try day after day, waiting and hoping.

Pretty soon it'll be frozen solid. Then, I'll let them in and we play ice ball. Until then, I hope for leaves to scoop and subzero temps.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.